The Scottish Competition Forum brings together those with an interest in competition law and policy for topical discussion and debate. It is run in Scotland on a non profit-making basis and membership is free.
We host a number of events each year, alternating between Edinburgh and Glasgow, on a diverse range of topics of relevance to lawyers, businesses, economists, academics and students, and anyone else with an interest in effective competition in Scotland. Recent topics of discussion have included collective redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, risks and opportunities in overseas markets, and judicial review vs review “on the merits”.
Recent guest speakers have included:
- Alex Chisholm, Chief Executive of the CMA,
- Andreas Stephan, Professor of Competition Law at the University of East Anglia
- Peter Freeman QC, Chairman of the Competition Appeal Tribunal,
- Frederic Dupas, head of competition law at BT Global Services, and
- Rameen Naylor-Ghobadian, barrister and legal lead on private actions reform at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
You can sign up to our mailing list by clicking here.
You can find out more about the SCF on our About Us page.